Subscribe to the RSS Feed below to get the latest updates to this blog!

Subscribtion Link Here!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Why Doesn't He Call Me?

I can't concentrate on the book on my lap,
I close my eyes to sleep, but I can't even nap,
I look around the room like I'm caught in a trap---
I can't concentrate on a thing
Waiting for the telephone to ring.

Why doesn't he call me?
Why do I sit in my chair like this?
How I'd rejoice right now
To hear his voice right now,
It's like some heavenly tone.
But there's not a sound---
Why doesn't he phone?

Why doesn't he call me?
Why do I torture myself like this?
He means so much to me,
His very touch to me
Is an incredible thrill!
But there is the phone,
Why is it so still?

Cigarette stubs in the ashtray,
And I've just poured another damned drink---
Cigarette stubs in the ashtray---
I can't think,
I can't think,
I can't think!

Why doesn't he call me?
Why can't I blot out his face from my mind?
I say the hell with him,
But in a spell with him,
I know he means all--
And there is the phone,
Why doesn't he call?

No comments:

Post a Comment